Friday, March 13, 2009

Random Thoughts

Well, there are lots of factors leading me back to my blog which I will keep to myself. Life is funny and sometimes I feel like I am having an out of body experience. One day, one day...

I am totally stressed out. I have no job and am quickly running out of money. I feel completely overwhelmed and am struggling to find something fulfilling. And I know there are millions of people who go to work everyday and are not fulfilled. Obviously, I am not going to resort to getting food stamps and goverment aid while "searching" for that one special job.

But, I am kind of at a fork in the road of life and have the opportunity to be creative with where I choose to go, and in an economy such as this, I think success will be only be found if we are enjoying what we are doing and can be self sustained.

I am seriously contemplating writing a book. I have had lots of experiences and I feel like many young women could learn, or at least be slightly entertained by my single life, financial struggle, different relationships and people I have met along the way, and struggle to be that person you want to be, and how the heck you are supposed to get there. That part I obviously haven't figured out.

Now, don't all roll your eyes at me and think that I live in some la-la land where I would think that I don't need to work and can hole up in some Starbucks somwhere cracked out on over-caffeinated coffee typing away on my Mac, while living some pipe dream that I am gonna be the next Emily Giffin (who I am actually completely obsessed with).

I WILL be doing that--just under different circumstances-- at home, at a desk, and with much cheaper coffee in hand...and at night, AFTER work.

In closing, I would like to say that after a depressing few days, I have decided to go out with two of my favorite guys in all the land, tonight. I need a good laugh and some male reassurance of how cool and beautiful I am...and they do it everytime--you need that every now and then.

One of them who will not be named...wait, actually I think he wanted me to name him...Dylan, just emailed me and begged me to come tonight, and said..and I quote:

"you're laugh is like going from 1st to 5th gear in a sports car. When you hit 5th, there's no turning back."

Which of course, made me die out laughing unexpectedly in the middle of Panera and garner many stares. Whatever people....it was funny.

So, I will be emptying my jar of quarters beside my bed to join the boys for the evening, and grace them with the presence of myself and my laugh...and yes, I am VERY glad to be back. Back to the blog, and back from that hell hole they call Spain.

haha

LQS

No comments:

Post a Comment