Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm Back.

I am sitting at Panera in Greensboro, NC right now totally exhausted. I finally landed at about 8:30 last night and after eating and driving back to my mom's, made it at about midnight. I only slept till 8, and I can tell that it was definitely not enough. I think I was up for about a day and a half straight through the journey.

Well, Bo was not accurate on the chickend on the Air India flight, but he was definitely accurate about the sub par flight crew, plane, and massive amount of Indian people. I have never had a panic attack--until yesterday. I was a breath away from walking off the plane and going to BEG the British Airways personnel to get me on something, US bound.

It was the largest plane I have ever seen in my life--double decker thing...and larger plane=larger amounts of Indians. Unbelievable. The crew wore Indian garb, and every single person besides me and about 3 other people, of the 400 on the plane, were full on Indian. I am not talking like my friend Santosh Indian--I am talking...didn't speak English and had the dots on the forehead and all dressed in "garb"--the smell was overwhelming and the food was horrendous.

I don't even know what else to say. It was unbelievably uncomfortable and I have never been so excited to get off a plane in my life.

Then I had a 2 hour layover in Newark, NJ and with a snow storm looming, they told me that there was a chance I was going to get stuck there. At that point, I just said...whatever. I did make it though and my mom and Granny were waiting on me waving little American flags..it was so cute and I was so happy to see them both.

Now I must hit the ground running and find a job...life is a learning process, right??!!

love

No comments:

Post a Comment