Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Love Keychain

I totally had a St. Louise/Carrie Bradshaw moment yesterday. I was working at the Truffles in Sea Pines that I don't usually work at, and there is a waitress there who I barely know at all, but we just hit it off. I have worked with her only like 3 times, but she is just funny and one of those people that you can just tell is...well, cool....

She actually said to me yesterday, "you know, I know we haven't hung out much, but I am sad you're leaving...I feel like I am a really cool person and I don't find many people that are as cool as me, and I feel like maybe you are." I laughed and thought--geez, that is TOTALLY something I would say to someone...haha

Anyway, she was asking me about Spain and about the job, and all that...She looked at me and said, "now why are you REALLY going?" I told her more about the job, that I wanted the experience of living in a foreign country, and how great this would look on my resume eventually. She responded with, " you are totally going to fall in love. This has nothing to do with resumes or wine...you are going for Love."

I said--oh, God, I love that movie....and she looked at me and said, "what movie?" She had never even seen it.

It kind of took my breath away. And I immediately thought of the shiny gold keychain that read "Love" in that simple cursive font from one of my fave (and most truthful) movies ever, Sex and The City. I thought about how candid that moment was and how without hesitation St. Louise looks Carrie straight in the eyes and says, "I came here to find love."

I am definitely doing this for other reasons as well, but isn't that the purpose of our lives? To love? Should we be ashamed to say that? I don't think so.

And if anyone ever finds one of those keychains, puh-lease send it my way. Oh, and I can't get the "autoplay" to work right now on my music player, but you need to listen to this song. SO GOOD. Allison Krauss has the voice of an angel. I hope she makes it to heaven because I want her to sing to me all the time.

love (how appropriate)

No comments:

Post a Comment