Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas a Few Days Late!

I am a few days late on this post! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I went to Charlotte where my brother Andrew and his wife Julie live. They have two little girls that are the cutest--Rachel is 3 and Layne is 7. Please enjoy the video of Rachel singing "Away in a Manger" below..she always takes deeps breaths while speaking or telling a story but before I taped this she had been running around the house chasing Lily and was even more short of breath. She is so funny and has the most outgoing personality...I just HAD to share her with ya'll.

We had a great Christmas morning although I missed my other niece Meredith who was with her mom, Jenn. I got to see her the day after Christmas though! So after Charlotte I continued on my trek through North Carolina to my mom's house. We just ran errands and shopped and got together my car information, because Bill, my step dad (thank god) is buying my car and selling it for me while I am gone!!! I don't know what I would do without him..such a relief and weight off my chest to not have to worry about that!

Now that the hump of Christmas is over, I am basically in panic mode. I don't know why the hell I agreed to work through New Year's. Poor decision on my part--although I do need the money, I just have no motivation and want to pack it up and get out of Hilton Head!!!!

I think I can....I think I can....I think I can...

So 3 more days here, and then on the 1st I drive BACK to my mom's for the final days and leave NEXT TUESDAY!!!!! I am so excited and I think it is so funny how different and crazy my new life is going to be. It is so weird to think about how unknown this actually is...I am SO proud of myself for deciding about 6 months ago that I wanted to move to Europe, and DOING IT. I don't think anyone thought I was actually serious! haha--or more importantly, that I would follow through!

Off to finish going through my clothes--how is it possible to fit clothes, shoes, toiletries, etc. for an entire year into 2 suitcases? This is going to be difficult.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, cutest thing in AMERICA~

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is seriously the cutest thing ever! I told you I want to take her everywhere with me!!

    ReplyDelete