Friday, January 9, 2009

Day Two

I cannot even believe it has only been two days. Why is it that when you are home and doing everyday things, time goes by so quickly, but when you are completely out of your comfort zone, time creeps by.

I already feel like I have lived in this house for a good two weeks. I am very depressed and constantly feel ignorant. I know that they are not doing that on purpose by any means. It is just extremely difficult and MUCH lonelier than I anticipated. Emails are great and all, but not having a phone, and not having any way to leave a house in 2 days, will drive anyone a little crazy. I kind of feel like it is Ground Hog's Day EVERYDAY.

I started work this morning about 9:30 and basically just researched our company and the competitors, and wrote up a document about what I liked and didn't like, etc. Then worked until about 2, and Gloria served lunch. Lunch today was a salad and then a casserole with meat (like hamburger) and mashed potatoes, with hard boiled eggs in it, and olives. Weird, but actually pretty tasty.

I was wrong about having friends over for dinner tonight. We are going out for dinner with some friends of Ursula's. She arranged it for me to meet some more people and for me to see more of Girona (thank GOD). The restaurant is in the middle of the city, so that should be fun. I am excited about getting out of the house at least.

Tomorrow our plans are up in the air because of the weather. We were going to go to another town a little south of here where they have a condo at the beach. But, it has been raining so much that if it continues we will not...GREAT. She said there would be no point because we would be walking around so much there and can't walk in the rain.

I am not sure I can do this..I feel incredibly homesick and KNOW this is not going to be for a year as originally planned. It may not even be for a week! Who wants to pick me up from the airport??!!!

I haven't looked at flights yet, but I am considering...Jessica, are you ready for a roommate again??? Sure do miss my Lily too...sad.

love

No comments:

Post a Comment