Monday, January 19, 2009

King of Beers

Work was okay today..I woke up and ate breakfast and got down there about 9:25. I had finished the last task Ursula had given me, so when she came in I asked her what else she needed me to work on. She said, well, have you decided what you're doing (ie, leaving or not) and I said--oh, yes, I am so sorry, but I have decided to go. I am really sorry but it is just not working out.

So she says fine and asks when-I say, I think the beginning of next week, but I am not sure, and my mom is looking at flights, etc..so she looks very disappointed and gives me a smaller task to do, that I will have time to actually finish.

Anyway, at least that's over with...dear god...I had been dreading it all weekend.

She did kind of say to me later that she didn't understand, etc. And I said "Ursula you have to understand that this is not for everyone!" She acted as if someone would be mentally insane to not want to live there and do what I was doing. I said, you know, I thought this was what I wanted, but it's not!

God. Bless. America. I want to run through the streets of Nashville in a cowboy hat, boots, and an American flag Budweiser string bikini singing Lee Greenwood at the top of my lungs. And then drink a Budweiser. With some redneck that came in town from the outskirts. That is what I want to do.



Okay, this is the moment you have all been waiting for.....the infamous glass and marble museum!!!



This is obviously my bedroom and desk, where I am right this moment!


This is right when you walk into the bathroom, and shower is behind you.



This is the living room. I am standing in the dining room (pictured below) taking it. I have not seen anyone sit down in here since I have been here. It is the largest room in the house, and it is not used AT ALL...they don't EVER sit down in the living room. SO WEIRD.


Dining room...just plain weird. These pics actually make it look like there's a whole lot more color than there is. There is not.



The kitchen with the grill in the middle that literally is coals and a grate that is connected directly to a chimney. Notice on the counter....the slicer.....and ALL THE WHITE.




I must take a video of the juicer before I leave. It is unbelievable. This does not do it justice. The basket on top should be full of oranges and this thing goes to town.



This is when you walk in the front door. It is obviously sideways--the stairs go up on the left. And all that glass is an elevator that goes from the garage, to this floor, and then up to the bedrooms. In the middle of the house.

I hope everyone enjoys. Off to read my book. I read over 100 pages yesterday. Unbelievable. Get me outta here!!!! haha

love

1 comment:

  1. Lauren,
    So glad I got to read and catch up on you. I am thinking about you and so sorry you have had such a rough time there. The name Ursula just sounds evil. Cant wait to hear what you do and I know it will be the right decision for you either way. Lots of love from Memphis!
    p.s. Cant wait for you to meet Baby Woodson. He is a new love of my life!!

    ReplyDelete